Safer Internet Day 2020
During the week of Monday 10th February we celebrated Safer Internet Day 2020.
This year’s theme encouraged children to explore identity online, and how the internet shapes the way that they think of themselves and others. Safer Internet week, celebrated difference and as a result helps us work towards creating a truly inclusive internet.
Using the internet safely and positively is a key message that we promote in our school and celebrating Safer Internet Day was a great opportunity for us to re-emphasise the online safety messages we deliver throughout the year.
Some resources which you may find useful in helping to keep you child safe online are:
· Advice for parents and carers from Childnet
· Tips, advice and guides for parents and carers from the UK Safer Internet Centre
· Guides on popular apps and games from NetAware
· Reviews and information about games, apps, TV shows and websites from Common Sense Media
· Help on using parental controls and privacy settings from Internet Matters
· Information and reporting of online grooming or abuse from CEOP
Online safety is an important issue which as a school we’re committed to teaching our children about.
If you have any concerns or questions about keeping your child safe online, please do get in touch with your child’s class teacher/myself (Mrs Badejo) or, our Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs Stacey.